Monday, October 3, 2011

Pain in the ass?

I heard a piece on the radio about people that didn't know some things to be true.  A lady learned in a dinner party, that there was no such thing as unicorns.  Another person thought elves were real and was referring to people smaller than midgets.

I have a confession to make.  I am not 100% sure what hemorrhoids are.  I know it sounds odd, but I'm just being honest. I have never experienced the problem and honestly don't know what to look for if I was.  I just know that everything is fine down south, no problems to report.

This came up when a co-worker admitted the same.  Again, this is very odd.  You see, I work in the health care industry.  Nope, I am not a doctor.  I work in the operations aspect.  So it would make sense that I would know about these things.  I can explain Scabies in great detail, tell you how it is contracted and how to disinfect.  Yet, I don't know crap about hemorrhoids. 

I blame the internet for this problem.  It holds a wealth of information, but I am afraid to type in hemorrhoids.  It's like the Guinness book of world records.  When you crack it open you expect to find the world record holder in, whatever.  I put hemorrhoid into my search engine, I'm going to see a more than I want to see. 

I vote that someone make search engine that does not pull up the extreme situation.  So you can be introduced to a subject without causing irreparable damage to your psyche or give you nightmares.  A place where a person could look up hemorrhoids or ring worm and not want to vomit.

Bill Gates, if you are still reading my blog, please have this taken care of.

1 comment:

  1. I would search places that don't use images. Like Dictionary.com or something. I just looked it up there - it doesn't sound great... I'm glad they don't have pictures.

    ReplyDelete