Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thank God



I am constantly on the look out for bizarre people or things.  Not every day is a treasure, sometimes it will be days before I see something that is picture worthy.  Then there are other times, that my better half prevents me from taking the shot.  She is doing the Lord's work, by stopping me.  Although, I think it is amusing that I am posting a picture of a one legged midget with one eye, my wife disagrees with that. The other day I hit the jackpot.  


As I passed by this establishment, I did a double take.  I drove back into the parking lot, so I could take a better look.  8158 Human Hair Co is definitely picture worthy.   Now, this should be a slam dunk.  They obviously specialize in human hair weaves.  Well, it is obvious to me.  What is not so apparent, is why they named it 8158 Human Hair Co.  8158 is not the address, it is the price of the weave.  They charge $81.58.  This seems very short sighted.  How can they increase or decrease the price?

I barely had time to process the picture I took of the human hair place, when I saw this truck.  I had to speed up to take this picture (Note: One day I will get a ticket for taking pictures like this, and my wife will divorce me.  If you enjoy these pictures, then you need to come to my defense).  This guy has a mural on the gate of his truck, that depicts him getting pulled over by the police.  Let me give you a little insight on "Truck Guys".  They typically do things to their trucks to make them more attractive to the opposite sex.  They will drive huge monster trucks that get horrible gas mileage and can only be useful when crushing cars or small villages.  They do this because they think "chicks dig it" (this will eventually be blogged about in an upcoming entry entitled "Are You A Bro-Ho?").  Can you imagine the self esteem on the woman who falls for this guy?? Even worse, I imagine he has a tattoo that is just as bad.  Maybe of him being handcuffed.

At about this time, I was beginning to think it was me, not these people.  Maybe I am trying to hard to see the nuttiness around me.  Am I the sole nut in the bowl.  As soon as I asked myself this question, God answered me.  In the form of guy standing on the corner reading a bible out loud, while holding a trombone. 


This is proof that God has a sense of humor...this is proof that God loves me.

1 comment:

  1. You mean your mass doesn't include a horn section? I remember growing up with our priest busting out into Glen Miller's "In The Mood" on trumpet during the 7th inning stretch after many kneelings and "peace be with you's".

    ReplyDelete