Wednesday, June 29, 2011

You made me do this

When I was a growing up, there was a little thing called integrity.  Considering that I was associated with the dregs of society, it may seem like a exaggeration.  For example, we would get into bar clearing brawls, but the police were never involved.  You could leave your backpack in front of the 7-11 (so they could ensure no one would shoplift), and nobody would take it.  Maybe it is a case of honor among thieves, anyway you look at it...things were better.

I was at a Starbucks recently (where I ONLY order large coffee flavored coffee) and had to use the restroom.  There was a shelf in the restroom, and I couldn't understand why.  It occurred to me that its sole purpose was to place your coffee, while you take care of business.  This seems really gross to me.  I would not take my coffee into a public restroom, and I certainly don't need shelf.  If I do need to use the restroom, and I didn't have the wherewithal to think about this BEFORE I ordered my ten dollar coffee, then I would put it on a table.

What world do you live in where you need to bring your coffee into a public restroom.  Are people concerned that someone would take their coffee?  I have experienced how people order drinks at Starbucks.  I can say with great certainty that you are the only one that likes your coffee.  The person that drags their coffee into the restroom is the same person who took five minutes to order the stupid drink.  Nobody wants it, you can leave it on a table.

How about we meet halfway.  They can place a shelf outside the restroom, so you feel special.  Just be warned, now that I know that you are a complete douche...I am taking your drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment