Thursday, August 25, 2011

you are fired!

I love the Circus.  I love the atmosphere, the acts and yes, I love the clowns!  What is not to love about a clown.  Their whole goal in life is to make you smile.  They will put their life on the line, to make you laugh.  I am talking circus clowns, not rodeo clowns.  That's just creepy.

I recently took my family to the Circus.  It was a blast.  I can't help but think all the time, effort and skill that goes into everything that each act does.  They swing from the ceiling from fishing line, ride bikes on a twine and spin around on the end of a telephone pole that is being twirled by a Roman Gladiator.  That is talent, that is skill.

Some of these jobs, however, make me glad I do what I do.  They make me feel thankful.  When things are bad at my work, I remind myself.  At least I am not the guy that walks behind the elephants with a snow shovel, to pick up poop.  At least I am not the guy in this video.  He comes in to work, everyday, just to get fired.




No comments:

Post a Comment