Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tough economy

Jobs are not easy to come by these days.  With all the layoffs due to this economy, it is not uncommon to see skilled labor or someone with a professional background, doing a job to make ends meet.  This is simply what we have to do right now.  I admire their perseverance and willingness to do what is necessary to survive.

I recently saw my friend Fred, doing one of these jobs.  He spent years working at a quarry.  I thought his position would be secure, but am glad that he is able to provide for his wife and daughter.

It seems like it was yesterday, watching Fred pull up to the local burger stand.  I swear he would always order a rack of ribs that would topple his car.  Now he is twirling a sign on the side of the road.

We should all be thankful for what we have.


No comments:

Post a Comment