Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Slammed

To say I am busy is an understatement.  I love the Holidays, but it is a whirlwind.  To me and the hordes of shoppers fighting over this years "Tickle-me-Elmo", this is the Busy Season.  I have not submitted a new blog in forever.  I apologize, but sacrifices need to be made.  It is either blog or have clean clothes.  My family and co-workers voted down the blog.  It is all for a good cause.  I love making Christmas a special time for my family.  Even if this is not how I was raised.

I did not grow up making gingerbread houses and decorating cookies.  One year I got a subscription to National Geographic and I was ecstatic.  I opened my gift and there was a post card saying that I had this subscription.  I tell this story and my kids get sad for me.  I tell them it was the greatest gift of all.  I knew right away, that I would be receiving a new issue every month.  It was like Christmas all year long. 
The Busy Season does make me thankful.  I am very proud what my wife and I have accomplished.  We are very fortunate.  Sometimes I need to be reminded, and sometimes the reminder comes in the strangest places. 

I was fighting for a parking space in the rear of the parking lot.  This would be a clear indication that you are screwed, when you have to wait for a spot to open at the far end of the lot.  This Mercedes pulls up and swoops my spot.  I would normally yell at this woman until her rectum ran out of her ass in fear.  This time I decided to be civil, and was awarded a spot right next to the Mercedes.  I laughed at the idea that this pompous bitch did not get the best of me.  She thinks she is hot shit in her Mercedes.  Then I saw the cassette tapes strewn on the front seat.

That is when I realized that she is not doing better than me.  She drives a Mercedes, rockin' a cassette deck.  Things are not always as they seem.  I am glad I gave her that spot.  It may be the only thing that goes right with her day.  Now I wonder if I can unload my old Dead Milkmen cassettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment