Thursday, December 22, 2011

EXTRA SPECIAL BONUS BLOG: THE MEANEST MAN IN THE WORLD

My lie has taken on a life of it's own. It is like watching your child that you raised go off and have success.  It is my little baby.
I have a large group of people that are in on my lie.  They are getting my contractor excited about the NBA/WNBA games.  We are talking about the game last night and how he missed the action.

Him: I have been listening to the news all morning, and they are talking about basketball, but I don't hear anything about the women and men playing together.  Are you pulling my leg?
Me: These games are considered "exhibition games".
Him: Oh, I did hear that last nights "exhibition game" was the highest rated in history.  But, I am not seeing on the news.
Me: Why are you watching the news for a specialty sports item?? Are you stupid? Try watching Sports Center.  Go ask a real man where to find ESPN.

This is text book.  I throw out something real then hit him with an insult.  This makes the person defensive and less likely to focus on the lie.

I then tell him that we have a line on a group of tickets for Fridays game, and ask if he wants to go.  He is on the fence.  I give him a list of names of who wants to come and we need one more.  We can't go without you.  He is soooo gulible.

Now I move to the ultimate phase...he is going to need proof.  I will be making an entry on my blog, to make him think it is real.  Sorry for the confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment