Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Learn how to speak!!!

I may have not had the best upbringing, but there are some things I am very thankful for.  The biggest thanks would be that we were ruthless to each other.  My brother and sister would pick apart any flaw, and I to them.  For instance, when I was a kid I had a nervous habit of saying "uhm".  My siblings declared me a retard and that I sounded stupid.  This only helped me feel self conscious.  Where they helped the most is when my sister decided to show me how stupid I sound.  Every time I said "uhm", she would mock me by yelling "muuuhhh".
I am pretty sure that it was not their intention to help me.  Nor is it mine, when I make fun of others.  I do hope that it helps them in the future.  If you are close to me, I will be very quick to point out your shortcomings.  If you are not, I am very hesitant.  This is a learned behavior, from years of people telling me to be nice.  This makes me boil over, I need to say something, so I will say it to you.
One of the department heads, at my work (let's call her Terry), has some sort of speech impediment.  I don't know if it a true impediment.  I'm kind of giving her the benefit of the doubt.  She can not say school or cool, she says skoo and koo.  She doesn't do it in a ghetto way, that's just how she pronounces it.  So you can imagine, I find every opportunity to get her to say these two words. 
The other day, she comes into my office and is talking about a recent purchase.  She says that she got it at Walmark.  Hmmm, this caught my interest, so I made her repeat it.  Yes she said Walmark.  My office staff, knowing that I am an A-Hole, decide to jump into the conversation.  She must have said it twenty times.  So I guess it makes it official...

Terry thinks Walmark is too koo, for skoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment