Friday, January 6, 2012

Merry New Year!!

I trust everyone had a happy holiday.  Hopefully your stockings were filled with merriment and your champagne glasses overflowed with gifts.  I took a nice vacation, and got away from it all.  While I was away, I overflowed with things to write on my Blog.  It is so much, that I decided to break it off in small, digestible bites.  I do, however have something to get off my chest.

What the hell is Nog?  According to the dictionary it is a "strong ale formerly brewed in Norfolk, England".  Hmmmm, really?  The only Nog I know of is Eggnog.  Why is this the only Nog and why can't we have the strong ale formerly brewed in Norfolk, England?  That sounds delicious, and it doesn't sound like a seasonal item.  The Eggnog comes once a year.  It must be really lucrative to have an Eggnog company.  Either that or they are the same people that make Advent Calendars and Dreidels.  I say that in order to be considered a Nog, other companies need to catch up and create thier own lovely variations.  I close my eyes and imagine a thick sturdy ale...and smile.


Now the subject of bets.  It isn't so much that I like making them, I like making people do ridiculous things.  One of my favorite things is shave one leg.  The loser of the bet needs to shave one leg.  Any leg of their choice.  The fun part of it, they shave one for the bet, then have to decide if they want to shave the other one.  The female version, stop shaving one leg for two to three weeks.  


My Assistant and I recently had a bet.  No, not the shaving thing.  The bet is to wear two different pairs of shoes, one black the other a different color.  This gave her a lot of anxiety.  She realized that if she lost she would be wearing two different shoes that did not have matching heels.  She would be walking lopsided all day.  She also realized (way too late), that if I lost, I would not care.  I would rock the two shoes with pride.  Guess who lost.










Not only did she walk funny all day, her heels made two different sounds while walking down the hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment