Monday, November 1, 2010

Centaur

Of all the Greek Mythological creatures that I have encountered on the street, the Centaur is my favorite. He is brash and unmanned, but deep inside he has a heart of gold. I like to think of him as poison on the outside, with a sweet filling. Just be careful not to cross him, or catch him in a bad mood. Here is Esteban, our neighborhood centaur and crossing guard.


He greets some with a smile and others with a joke. Everyone loves Esteban. Being born a Centaur has been a hard life for him. You see, he is half man, half horse. This is not an ideal combination. Oh you envy him at first, but in all honesty, he is not the ladies man that you would think. Being half man, half horse also tends to leave you in a sour moods on occasion.

As you see here...


This is just before he galloped after my car, cussing and spitting (as Centaurs often do). I know he is upset with me now, but I will always have a place in my heart for you Esteban.

1 comment: