Monday, March 14, 2011

feelin' gassy

In these economic times, it make sense to save in as many arenas as humanly possible.  I get my gas from either Costco or Sams Club, whenever convenient.  OK, there is a strong possibility that it is watered down second hand gas siphoned from disabled cars on the side of the road.  But when I am dumping a bunch of gas into our van...I don't care.  It is not like I drive an Italian or German sports car, that will only take high octane gas, refined from oil carried down by burros from the Andes.  It is not a fine tuned green machine that will only get billion miles to the gallon if you fill it with gas imported from JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory).  It is a minivan, and this is not rocket science.  You put gas in, car go voom.

So I stand in line like the rest of the hordes of gas getters and wait my turn.  I try to be courteous and make the transaction as fast as possible. 
It was during one of my visits, I witnessed the ultimate sin.  Here is this guy filling up a bunch of containers with gas.  I was appalled.  I know it was his turn, but it was like watching someone fill up there pockets with food, at a buffet. 

Did I miss something?  Some kind of memo that said that we should take as much as we can, and fill our under ground bunker?

Maybe it is just me, maybe I am weird.  This just seems like another reason why other countries don't like us.  Well this and the fact that Burger King is advertising a triple hamburger.

1 comment:

  1. If this guy is buying loads of gas now before the prices go up... that's just sad. If he's that concerned he should have bought a $2000 '92-'95 Honda Civic VX that gets 45 MPGs instead of a lifted 4x4 Toyota Tacoma.
    There is no reason someone should need to fill up gas cans unless he's going on a safari or something.

    ReplyDelete