Friday, October 22, 2010

BEWARE!

I was leading a two man expedition through a home improvement store. My daughter was very eager to complete this task and take our treasures back to base camp. It is often during these small, under-prepared outings that the biggest finds are uncovered. We had just left the fasteners and were well on our way to completing the task. As we rounded the corner near door locks, we were greeted by the sound of keys being made. The grinding of metal was filling the air. The artisan hard at work as the patron was beaming with the prospect of his new novelty key being made. It was apparent he was going to treasure this Winnie the Pooh key, like no other.

As I slowly made my way past I saw in the distance something that made me reach for my trusty camera. Something that set the hairs on the back of my neck on end. I plunged my hand into my pocket, to come up empty handed. I turned to my travel companion and expected that she may be some assistance in this matter. She however was focused on the pack of candy that I had bribed her with, so she would join me. I went for my phone and unleashed it's camera.

It may be half woman half bear. I am really not sure. By the looks of it, the specimen was very aggressive. The expression engrained on it's face was so sour, that I felt we could be in danger. I would have felt better with the safety of real camera and zoom lens. We had nothing but our shopping cart to protect us.

In our horror, she attacked one of the home improvement centers workers. As she insisted that they check in the back for a certain item that she was in need of. Apparently she did not understand the warehouse concept, and that there was not "back of the store". She relentlessly badgered him. Tearing him limb from limb.

It was here that I knew that I needed to abort the operation and head for higher ground.

We barely escaped with our lives. But I would do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment