Monday, October 18, 2010

genetics

Every once and a while, we are reminded..."we are what we are".

I am convinced that it is our DNA that drives us to do some of the dumb things that we do. I'm pretty sure one of my ancestors pulled some practical joke gone bad and was stoned (not in the good way) by the other cavemen. Maybe he made one too many "erect" jokes, and they got sick of him. I can see it now "you no walk erect. Uhg, you have erectile dysfunction!". Then at the weekly caveman management team meeting (that my ancestor notoriously blows off), they decide "that not funny". Rock to the dome.

We were also there when Claudius Adidas invented the shoe. As he proudly showed them off for the Emperor and his men. It was my family that invented the "flat tire." This was of course met with great laughter.

I hold my end of the family tradition. One of my favorites, is the gag I pulled on my assistant. I took a perfect picture of her computer desktop. I then removed all the icons from her desktop. I imported the picture of her desktop, then made the image her desktop background. She could not click on any of her icons. Because, they were not there. It was all her background. I know, genius.

All this comes at a price.

This video shows my daughter in swim class. The instructor is having them practice kicking.



You will notice that point, the point where it was no longer enough to splash water.
You will see that eventually my daughter tries to kick the little boy next to her.

That is DNA.

No comments:

Post a Comment