Tuesday, October 19, 2010

STORM WATCH 2010


Southern California is on the brink of declaring a state of emergency. There are vast amounts of water falling from the sky.

I can only guess that it is a major travesty. Every news channel has this story as it's lead. It is rain, just rain. This is far from being news worthy. I don't know why they have to send all the reporters to the side of the road, to look at the rain. Crap, I can do that. As a matter of fact, I can see the rain without getting wet. It is called a window. I will say, that it does make me laugh. This poor schmuck spent years climbing up the network ladder, to be standing in a puddle, talking about rain. I'm sure this is not where they saw their career headed.

I'm just a little embarrassed. I like Southern California. What is not to like. We have all the same nut jobs as the rest of the country, sprinkled with a dash of sunshine served in a big fruity glass with a tiny umbrella. I don't like that people on the east coast, will see this and think we are sissies (note, I have not used this word since I was 8. We are going to need to bring it back).

We have run out of things to complain about, when we complain about the 7 days a year that we get rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment