Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Rooster

I love cheese.  I would eat it on everything, if I could.  I miss it dearly.  Now that I am losing weight I have cut my beloved cheese, and replaced it with hot sauce.  Why hot sauce?  I read in passing that if you increase the amount of spicy foods in your diet, that over a year you will lose 10-13 pounds.  When I read that, I realized I am not using one of my resources.    
"Here comes the rooster"
I can eat hot food like no other.  My mother makes her own Sambal.  It is an Indonesian hot paste, that is very tasty.  My mom makes it so hot that you would swear that it melted a tattoo or caused internal bleeding, but has a great full flavor.  Basically, I was raised as a fire eater.  Sambal is overkill for most foods, and it is not responsible for me to have around small children, animals and anything combustible.  So I typically don't keep it around the house.  I have instead turned to the Rooster.
You have seen it around and is a staple at most Chinese restaurants.  It is called Sriracha, but is often referred to as Rooster sauce.  It has been a life saver for me.  I keep a bottle at home and one at work.  The bottle in the picture has been in my office for three days, you can see how I plow through it.  I am not suggesting that the Rooster can take the place of cheese, but when your watching the lbs, it makes life bearable.
So if there is anything that you take away from this...the rooster makes everything better.

Update...334.6lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment