Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Out of office

I will be out of the office February 1st, in observance of Exene Cervenkas birthday.

Everyone should have an X memory.  More likely than not, you do and don't know it.  X is one of the founding bands of the punk rock movement on the west coast.  Exene and John Doe supply the vocals.  If you have a good collection of X, you can see the progression, from youth filled angst to heartfelt observations on society.  If you don't, then it is not too late to make an investment.   I will be spending the day listening to "Johnny hit and run Pauline" and "Los Angeles" while piercing myself.

Please leave a message, and I will get back to you when I return.

1 comment:

  1. My X memory: Saw them in 2001 at the HOB Anaheim. At the time, a coworker's husband was the drum tech for HOB and gave me free tickets to the VIP section. Does it make it less punk rock if I watched sitting down?

    ReplyDelete